Hi! I’m Truman. Welcome to BrownGrafix!
Whether deliberately or by divine accident, you’ve stumbled upon my personal website (or as my WordPress tagline quips: “A Virtual Vitrine of Truman’s Stuff“). Some of this stuff is good, and some of this stuff is not-so-good, but for better or worse it is all my stuff and I enjoy showing it off. I hope you enjoy looking at it.
Stuff about me:
- I’ve been a personal-computing hobbyist for about the past 40 years, concentrating primarily in the area of computer graphics.
In my day job, I am a systems analyst (AKA “computer guy”) who supports about 150 people trapped in beige cubicles someplace in the heart of Los Angeles. I provide them with skilled, magical relief from their daily high-tech headaches. I am retired now (2020), having spent over 30 years politely solving other people’s problems. That’s basically three decades of repeatedly asking if they tried turning it off and back on again.
- I am a former U.S. Marine, a compulsive junk collector, an avid gardener and extreme vermi-composting fanatic.
- My first personal computer was a Timex Sinclair TS1000. I spent a wonderful two years learning how to program in Z80 Assembly Language on that $100 miracle machine that my mom was kind enough to buy for me.
- My favorite coffee mug is over 30 years old. So is my favorite t-shirt.
- In addition to Management Information Systems, I have a degree in Photo-Offset Lithography.
- While I’m not much of a writer, I have one obscure literary claim-to-fame: I contributed a chapter to the 1994 SAMS best-seller “PC Graphics Unleashed“. I’m proud to say that my chapter was a page-turner!
Thanks for dropping by and checking out my stuff.
I really appreciate it. If you like what you see and feel so inclined, please subscribe to me on YouTube.